- Senior math major Kirsten Morris and her father Mark Morris, who is receiving his MBA, both graduated summer 2016.
- Kirsten is exemplary student: active in collegiate 4-H, SGA, served as student ambassador, in Honors Program; co-founder of first chapter of Association for Women in Mathematics at Georgia College
- Kirsten accepted into 12 Ph.D. programs and chose UGA.
- Kirsten selected to participate in two Research Experience for Undergraduate programs (REUs). One was in California State University Channel Islands and the second is summer 2016 at Purdue University- the EDGE Program (Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education). The program is a intensive, 4-week experience that focuses on women entering into Ph.D. programs
- Mark Morris is full-time military and has 3 tours to Afghanistan. Always wanted to go back and earn MBA and after sending kids to GC, thought it was time
“Completing an MBA program has been high on my list for several years, but one thing or another seemed to get in the way. I knew I wanted to further my business education before finishing military service, but wasn’t sure how,” said Mark Morris.
After speaking with faculty about the Georgia WebMBA, Mark knew Georgia College was for him. Juggling a military career, a family and a full course load was difficult—but Kirsten says it’s been a joy to see how successful her father has been.
“It’s really inspired me how successful he has been with his degree,” said Kirsten Morris. “He has managed to balance a large family, his full time career in the military and earning his masters—it’s definitely been amazing to watch.”