- Larrentis Thomas, a GC alumni with a bachelor’s in accounting, was selected by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) to receive a $10,000 scholarship to finance his graduate degree.
- The PCAOB selects institutions on a rolling basis and once selected, an institution will not be considered for selection for the next five years or until all institutions in the respective group has been selected, whichever occurs first. This is the first time Georgia College has been selected.
- Nominated by faculty, he is the first Georgia College student to receive this scholarship.
- Thomas will pursue his master’s degree at GC, and has a full-time position ready upon completion of the degree.
- Quote from Dr. Catherine Whelan: “Larrentis is known within the department as an incredibly hard-working and dedicated student with a great attitude toward school and life in general,” said Dr. Catherine Whelan, chair of the Department of Accounting.