- Andre Moussa, a student from Venezuela, received a scholarship from the Global Scholars Fund that aided in his completion of a bachelor’s degree in biology.
- Because it is sometimes difficult to convert Venezuelan bolivares into American dollars, this fund has helped Moussa out a great deal.
- Each year the Global Scholars Fund awards scholarships to a single student or multiple students, depending on the need.
- The scholarship fund is supplemented through donations as well as the International Dinner. Held yearly, students create more than 20 dishes from their home countries, while guests enjoy a full evening of entertainment featuring the talents and cultures of current Georgia College students.
- Quote from Andre Moussa: “I know a lot of internationals that are going through hard times just because back home is really bad so it would be great if people would donate and support this scholarship fund,” said Moussa.